Jess has been awarded The Diana Award for her exceptional fundraising for Huntington’s Disease Association. compressed
Religious Education in Key Stage 3 contributes dynamically to students education by provoking challenging questions about meaning and purpose in life, beliefs about God, ultimate reality, issues of right and wrong and what it means to be human.
In RE they learn about and from religions and worldviews in local, national and global contexts, to discover, explore and consider different answers to these questions. They learn to weigh up the value of wisdom from different sources, to develop and express their insights in response, and to agree or disagree respectfully.
Teaching equips students with systematic knowledge and understanding of a range of religions and worldviews, enabling them to develop their ideas, values and identities. It develops in students an aptitude for dialogue so that they can participate positively in our society with its diverse religions and worldviews. Students gain and deploy the skills needed to understand, interpret and evaluate texts, sources of wisdom and authority and other evidence. They learn to articulate clearly and coherently their personal beliefs, ideas, values and experiences while respecting the right of others to differ.
- The Island
- Judaism – Key Beliefs & Festivals
- Christianity – Key Beliefs & Festivals
- Thematic Studies
- Human Rights and Social Justice
- Sexual Relationships and Family
- Crime and Punishment
- Peace and Conflict
- Existence of God
Exam Board: AQA
Specification: Religious Studies (Spec A)
Exam: Paper 1 50% Paper 2 50%
Trips & Activities
- Year 7 Humanities visit to Chichester to extend thinking and enquiry skills.
- Year 9 RE/History visit to holocaust survivor at Chichester Cathedral
- Year 9 and 10 History residential trip to World War I battlefields in Belgium and France.
- Year 9 and 10 History/RE residential trip to Auschwitz
- GCSE History trip to Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
- GCSE Geography residential trip to Iceland
- GCSE Geography fieldwork in Brighton
- GCSE RE visit to Jewish Museum in London
- Links to specific events such as Black History Month, Holocaust Day, Fair-trade fortnight, Oxfam Water Week and Send our Friend to School campaign.