7 July 2016
Dear Parents/Carers and students
Ofsted Inspection Report – July 2016
I have great pleasure in enclosing a copy of the Ofsted report which follows on from their inspection of the school on 15th and 16th June this year. We were delighted that the inspection team did an extremely thorough job investigating all aspects of the school over two days and have concluded that this remains a securely good school with many strengths.
A few of the summary findings, which can be found on the front page of the report, include:
- Pupils are making good progress across most subjects, including English and mathematics. In subjects where outcomes have not been as strong previously, progress is improving because of better leadership and teaching.
- The development of pupils’ reading skills is a strength. A range of creative strategies promote a love of reading.
- Pupils’ behaviour is good in lessons and around the school. Pupils are polite, considerate and cooperate well together.
- Positive working relationships between staff and pupils help to keep pupils safe, develop their personal skills and promote good achievement.
The inspectors have provided us with two key areas to develop further in order to move the school closer to an overall judgement of ‘Outstanding’:
- To promote the highest levels of attendance in all students
- To ensure that the highest quality of feedback is provided in all subjects, to allow students to improve their work
The findings of the inspection team are entirely in line with our own judgement, that we are securely ‘Good’ in all areas and moving towards ‘Outstanding’ and I know that Mrs Watkins, as the new headteacher, will make the two areas for improvement part of her key priorities next year.
With thanks for your continued support