Contents include: Wizard of Oz Production, International Trips, Visit to Parliament B2B April 2019 web version
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance programmes make a major contribution in preparing young people for opportunities, responsibilities and experience of life. They help young people make decisions and manage transitions as learners and workers. It is vital that all 11-16 year olds have the knowledge and skills they need to make informed choices.
Our vision is for all students to have a planned programme of activities and opportunities throughout their time at Bourne Community College, which will foster curiosity, inspire, and assist them in choosing a progression pathway that suits their individual needs. Importance will also be placed on how to manage their careers, sustain employment and achieve personal and economic wellbeing throughout their lives.
IMPACT OF OUR CAREER PROGRAMME
- Every student leaves year 11 with a destination secured.
- Every student has had at least 5 meaningful experiences of a workplace by the end of year 11.
- Every student has had at least one meaningful encounter with an employer by the end of year 11.
- The school keeps systematic records on each student’s experiences of career and enterprise activity.
- Every student leaves school having created a CV and had interview experience