Contents include: Conservative MP, Gillian Keegan visits Bourne; Spanish residential; Year 10 college taster days Bourne Weekly News 15 June 2018 web version
Welcome to Bourne Community College Careers Page.
Bourne Community College has an on-going commitment to ensuring that all our students have access to good quality impartial careers advice, thereby ensuring that each student has the best possible foundation on which to base their future choices and pathways.
Each student has access to impartial careers advice from Year 8 -11, which helps them to make those crucial career decisions when choosing their GCSEs. It also ensures that they have explored all possible options when making decisions about their post-16 education, be this Apprenticeships, BTECs or A Level Choices.
At Bourne Community Collegewe offer a wide range of activities and resources, which help our students make good informed decisions about their future as they progress through the school.
In years 8 and 9 students will be helped to:
- understand themselves and know who and what plays a part in how they think about themselves and the things that matter to them
- develop confidence in themselves and in their abilities
- understand how the world of work is changing and the skills that they need in order to do well in their future life and career
- make well informed choices about their future lives
In years 10 and 11 students will be helped to:
- identify, select and use a wide range of information resources
- use work related learning/experiences to shape their career progression
- understand the options open to them once they leave school, identify their priorities and explain the decisions they eventually make
Useful Further Education Links:
Useful Careers Links: