Welcome to Bourne Cafe
BOURNE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS FOR 2017/18
The Bourne Community College will admit students in accordance with West Sussex County Council’s current admissions guidelines.
If the number of applications for Bourne Community College is within the admission limit (150), places can normally be offered to all who apply. Where there are more applications that the admission limit, places are normally allocated in order of priority as follows –
Any child with a statement of special educational needs (or an Education Health and Care Plan) naming the school will automatically be admitted to the school, under Section 324 of the Education Act 1996.
- Looked after children (children in public care) and children who were previously looked after. Evidence must be provided.
- Children who need a place at the school on exceptional and compelling social, psychological or medical grounds. Evidence must be provided.
- Children who live in the catchment area with brothers or sisters already attending the school and who will still be there when the child starts.
- Other children who live in the catchment area.
- Children who live outside the catchment area with brothers or sisters already attending the school and who will still be there when the child starts.
- Other children who live outside the catchment area.
Admission procedures are operated through West Sussex County Council. Further information is available from School Admissions –
Pupil Admissions Office Tel: 033 301 42903 Fax: 01903 839214